David Izenson (1932-1979) was a bassist noted for the astonishing bowing technique he displayed as a member of Ornette Coleman's trio (and on recordings with Coleman, Archie Shepp, and Sonny Rollins, among others) in the 1960s. Izenson was Lindberg's teacher when Lindberg was seventeen. The relationship of the two men later evolved into a deep friendship. On Izenson's death, his widow gave Lindberg possession of all her late husband's musical effects including a number of unpublished Izenson compositions, two of which Lindberg has included on this solo album.
In this solo recital (the first since 1980) the well-known bassist and founding member of the New York String Trio demonstrates his growth as a composer and his increased maturity as a soloist.
Sound Clips (MP3):
1. Eye Implore – John Lindberg
2. The New Moon Softly, as in a morning sunrise – John Lindberg
3. In My Mind’s Eye – John Lindberg
4. Sophie’s Lullaby – John Lindberg
6. Utter Sanity – John Lindberg
7. I Am Leaf for Today – John Lindberg
9. Tones of Mourning – John Lindberg
10. Goofy Nightmares – John Lindberg
There are no reviews yet.